The Criteria That Spawned Wellington Gardens
"In our thinking and actions, if we put the interests of our children first, we can never venture too far wrong."
- Dr. Seuss
The Criteria - "Beautify the Community, Enhance the Lifestyle"
- Wellington is, above all, a family town. Let's put families and children first.
- K Park is a property in the public trust. Put it to a public purpose that the greatest possible number of residents can use and enjoy. The private development should help to fulfill a public purpose.
- Make Wellington more competitive with outside communities as "the place" to live. Raise the level of goods and services available in Wellington so that Wellington competes on most levels with any of Palm Beach County's best bedroom communities as the place people would most want to call home.
- Keep the money home. Raise the level of spending by Wellington residents and our equestrian visitors on goods and services provided by Wellington businesses so that the money that is located here is spent here rather than in outside communities such as Palm Beach Gardens, Delray Beach, Boca Raton or West Palm Beach. See our Demographic Comparison.
- Increase Wellington's tax base so that we retain and support local government's ability to continue to spend wisely on projects that work to improve our community.
- Work to enhance Wellington's character as a community that possesses quality green space and open vistas.
- Develop K Park thoughtfully to create Wellington's own Main Street - not literally, but figuratively, to create a central place where Wellington families and visitors can gather, linger, be entertained, and have a better opportunity to socially connect.
- Be respectful of the adjoining neighbors who live in close proximity to whatever we put on the property. Take their interests into consideration to help make the development a positive for them.
- Think of our children who have no voice other than ours. Measure our success in the end by the level of smiles we can put on our children's faces.
Don't simply take our word for it. Here is what independent authorities have to say about developments such as Wellington Gardens and their importance to the community and community residents. Univ of Washington, Green Cities-Good Health Natural Play Areas for Children
If you're a Wellington resident, we value your opinion of our proposed development. Please take a few short minutes to complete our Survey Form. After all, as a Wellington resident, you are part owner of this K Park property and have a vested interest in what happens with it. Here's a chance to make your voice heard.